Thursday 5 June 2014

Science behind a glow stick

What I know (before we start) 
I think when you break it something releases a chemical and makes it explode with the liquid stuff.

What I think now after hearing other peoples ideas
Fragile canister inside glow stick which when you break it to the extend it breaks and explodes with the glow. The sound is a big clue when you snap it, The canister made with glass breaks into shards and you can hear the breaking of the glass.

What I think now (after seeing Miss C cut open the tube)
My prediction was right after getting the full information from other people in the class.

What i think now after researching 
A glow stick does the same basic thing, but it uses a chemical reaction to excite the atoms

I have no questions


Synthesis is the stages between the start and end progress of learning something, By getting a good knowledge at the end by experimenting and researching.

No comments:

Post a Comment