Sunday 7 July 2013

Rimu homework challenges

On Monday the 8th of July I completed another rimu homework challenge. The challenge is under excellence in the arts. The task it to visit an exhibition and review it, present your review on your blog. Hoani (my brother) and I went to the art gallery after school and reviewed the art galleries exhibition of corrugation.

My review: 
The art galley has many different variations of corrugated art by Jeff Thomsom. Their are corrugated letter boxes with animals on them, bouquets of flowers, animals, weaved corrugated iron, mini houses, mini cars and loads more, but the one that stands out the most for me is the massive twisted corrugated iron on the massive wall as you walk in. I like this one the most because it standes out so much and its so simple and bold. All the different colours put together on the corrugated iron just look so amazing and awesome and I love the originality. Another art work that caught my eye was the corrugated giraffe This one caught my eye because it had so much detail put into it, it was just amazing, the eyes, tongue, even the hooves had so much detail to it, I also really liked the boat made of corrugated iron. It was a really out of the box idea to think of making a boat with the whole thing made or corrugated iron, I really love the colours and originality of this peice of art work. I recommend the art gallery for everyone it is an amazing place with amazing pieces of art. :)


Here's a photo of the boat made of corrugated iron (i had to get it off the internet because your not aloud to take photo's in the art gallery):














Here's a photo of Hoani and I outside the art gallery because you weren't aloud to take photos inside the building:

No comments:

Post a Comment